The Sydney Scholars Awards give 12th-year students (SS 3) the opportunity to apply for scholarships of $ 6000 and are awarded for a period of one to 5 years (combined degrees).
Application deadline: September 30, 2020 11:59 PM.
Offered annually? Yeah
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Australia
About the award: These prestigious scholarships will be offered to students who meet the below eligibility and selection criteria. If you are an international student, have recently completed an International Baccalaureate or an equivalent HSC scholarship and are applying for admission through UAC, then you are also eligible.
Eligibility: You must:
- be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria will be on the basis of equity and a broader level of academic ability.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: There are two Sydney Scholars Awards valued at $6000 per year, and are tenable for one to five years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $6000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree
- $6000 for one year of undergraduate degree.
How to Apply:
- Read the application guide (pdf, 170kb) carefully.
- Complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents (including a personal statement).