The Australian Catholic University is offering a scholarship for international students to study in an undergraduate or postgraduate program in Australia for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM (AEST)
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Australia
About the award: Up to 20 scholarships will be provided to students and each scholarship will continue for the duration of the beneficiaries’ course, subject to satisfactory academic performance. The scholarship rewards students on the basis of academic merit. For this reason, you must have had a GPA of at least 80% in previous studies for your application to be considered. This average can only be calculated through a study conducted over the past two years.
Up to two postgraduate scholarships per research will also be awarded, equal to fees and allowances for scholarship holders enrolled in a research master’s or doctoral program.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral
- Citizenship: international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU degree (excluding pathway /Diploma/Graduate Certificate courses)
- Campus: any
- Year level: first year
- Required study load: full-time
- You must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate program at ACU, commencing in Semester 1 2021
- You must have achieved results of at least 80% (equivalent to a GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7 point scale) in previous study completed within the last two years (undergraduate applicants) or four years (postgraduate applicants)
- You must be applying for an ACU program that is an equal or higher level of study than the currently held qualifications
- You must not be receiving any other ACU scholarship or award
- You must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
Selection Criteria: Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic merit
Selection Process: The recipients will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Executive Director, International, the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee), the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations and the Associate Director, International Marketing and Recruitment. Further, the Selection Committee may give consideration to:
- The diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and research programs and campuses);
- In the case of applicants undertaking research degrees, the alignment of the applicant’s intended research with the research strengths of the University.
Number of Awardees: Up to 20
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover half of the full-time fees for the minimum duration of your course (inclusive of RPL/Credit).
How to Apply: Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of at least 80% across the applicant’s most recent study.
- Academic records must include original language documents, translations (where applicable) and official explanation of grading system.